Green Building and Green Points Program
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger Jan. 20, 2017
The Green Building and Green Points Program encourages the use of sustainable remodeling and building methods and technologies to conserve energy, water and other natural resources. The Green Points Program applies to all new residential construction, and additions and remodels larger than 500 square feet.
The purpose of the Green Points Program is to:
- help homeowners find the products and designs for building “green;”
- encourage Boulder homeowners to include cost-effective and sustainable remodeling and building methods that conserve fossil fuels, water and other natural resources;
- promote the recycling of construction materials and reduce solid waste; and
- promote better indoor air quality.
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger May 6, 2015
When it comes to building, remodeling, designing or developing GreenHome’s that are above
code, there are many different labels to choose from. Each greenhome certification comes
with different requirements, opportunities, costs, 3rd party oversight and tools and
resources to guide you for your green building project.
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger Aug. 25, 2015
From Green Building Advisor
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger June 2, 2015
Visit their website for details or select one of the 3 fact sheets below:
– Benefits of the Energy Rating Index Score Option
– Implementation Guidelines for the Energy Rating Index Performance Path
– Case Studies: Incorporating of the HERS Index Score into an Energy Code
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger June 1, 2015
Creating sustainable landlord-tenant relationships.
Green leases (also known as aligned leases, high performance leases, or energy efficient leases)
align the financial and energy incentives of building owners and tenants so they can work
together to save money, conserve resources, and ensure the efficient operation of
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger Oct. 20, 2016
Boulder County BuildSmart, the county’s residential green building code, requirements affect all new residential construction and additions in unincorporated Boulder County.
The Boulder County BuildSmart Regulations (2 MB) encourage high-performing, sustainable residential development, and redevelopment in the unincorporated areas of Boulder County by promoting development that will: create energy efficient structures that reduce both the production of greenhouse gases from residential buildings and the amount of material sent to landfills, conserve water and other natural resources in the homebuilding process, and insure proper indoor air quality.
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger June 16, 2016
BOULDER — Apex 5510, a 231-unit apartment complex in the Gunbarrel community of Boulder, has received a LEED silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. “Sustainability is a focal point for our company, and we know that it is a priority for many of the people who live and work in Boulder County,” said Brad Blash, co-founder and managing partner of Crossbeam Concierge, which partnered with Trammell Crow Residential on the development.
BizWest – March 31, 2016
– Posted by Kirsten Frysinger June 25, 2015
With strong revenue gains and increased profitability, Sustainably Built was ranked 39th out of 50 for the fastest-growing private companies with revenue under $2 million in Boulder and Broomfield Counties. Compiled by BizWest’s research department, the Mercury 100 ranking is based upon percent growth in revenue between 2011 and 2013.
We attribute this momentum to both a recovering housing market and to our skilled team who adhere strictly to energy code compliance standards while streamlining the process for our clients. The key to our success stems in great part from going beyond simply performing calculations to meet code compliance. We incorporate our extensive experience to combine cost considerations, occupant comfort and health, and building science with the goal of providing the client with the best overall result for their budget.
Given the requirements of the IECC 2015 energy codes and the interest our clients have in high performance and healthy homes, we believe that Sustainably Built will continue to grow at a strong pace.
BizWest — June 12, 2014