Sustainably Built (SB) is dedicated to helping architects, contractors, and homeowners make the places they live and work healthy, comfortable and energy efficient. Our company culture is one of serious professionals coming together in an informal atmosphere to solve problems, simple or complex, while encouraging each other to learn and explore more about energy modeling and sustainability.
HVAC Designer – Manual J/D Professional
(Telecommuting not available for this position)
SB is currently accepting applications for an HVAC designer to join our team. We seek to move the HVAC industry toward better design and installation of high performance systems for energy efficient homes. Salary Range: $20 to $27 per hour, depending on skills and experience. Position is full time, salaried after 90 days.
• Significant experience with Manual J load calculations and Manual D duct design.
• Significant experience in HVAC installation, a degree in building science or equivalent.
• Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, have good driving record, and provide proof of current automobile insurance.
• Working knowledge of Right-Suite Universal software by Wrightsoft.
• RESNET, BPI or NATE certification
• Experience operating test equipment including duct blasters, blower doors, thermal imaging cameras, CO meters, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Work well with limited supervision.
• Detail oriented, with good analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain design recommendations to architects, contractors, and homeowners, and work with them to finalize design.
• Work efficiently on a computer, including use of Word and Excel.
• Basic math skills, including geometry.
• General knowledge of residential construction.
• Able to lift in excess of 45 lbs.
• Able to work in small spaces (i.e. attics, crawl spaces).
• Complete Manual J load calculations, Manual S sizing, and Manual D duct design.
• Provide reports, explanations, and other support to clients.
• Perform site inspections, including pre-installation walk through, and post installation verification and duct leakage testing in accordance with company standards.
• Evaluate own work for errors, omissions and workmanship problems.
• Take refresher courses as needed for continued competency and to maintain certifications.
• Communicate regularly and clearly with clients and SB staff and attend weekly SB meetings.
• Maintain a professional atmosphere, making sure client confidentiality is maintained.
• Abide by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies and ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
• Other duties as assigned.
Testing equipment and laptop computer will be provided. Applicant must provide his/her own transportation to job sites throughout Boulder County area. Company car frequently available.
Interested applicants can apply by responding to this posting via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, complete resume, and 3 professional references. Please include your name and “HVAC designer application” in the subject. No drop-ins please.